Wed, 08 Nov|
Living Life to the Full
A six week wellbeing and life skills programme for adults, facilitated by Aware, and taking place on Wednesdays at 9.30-11.30am in Cloona House.
Time & Location
08 Nov 2023, 09:30 – 13 Dec 2023, 11:30
Poleglass, Cloona House, 31 Colin Rd, Poleglass, Dunmurry, Belfast BT17 0LG, UK
About the event
Living Life to the full
This is a 6 week programme delivered by Aware that can make a big difference to your life. It can help you manage your feelings when you are stressed, worried or depressed and learn simple practical skills to help you cope with life’s challenges. It looks more closely at how mental health can be impacted by life events and unhelpful thinking styles which may also then affect our physical health and overall enjoyment of life.
This programme looks at a different topic each week, and it is broken down as follows:
- Why Do I Feel So Bad - This enjoyable, interactive session introduces the 5 areas approach and shows that what you think and do influences how you feel.
- I Can’t Be Bothered Doing Anything - We’ve all said this to ourselves when we’re feeling down. This session encourages you to start doing things which can make you feel better.
- Why Does Everything Always Go Wrong - This session teaches you to recognise and control your unhelpful thinking patterns. It encourages you to challenge your negative thoughts and replace them with more helpful ones.
- I’m Not Good Enough - We’re not born with doubts like these! Things others have said creep into our heads and we begin to believe them. Re-build your self-confidence and learn to like yourself again.
- How to Fix Almost Everything - Everything is achievable if broken down into small enough steps. This session introduces a 5 step plan to help you tackle problems and make positive changes in your life.
- The Things You Do That Mess You Up - This session helps you to identify things such as drinking, comfort eating or spending money which may make you feel better initially but which may lead to problems over time.
- Are You Strong Enough To Keep Your Temper - This session helps you to recognise what winds you up and teaches you how to control your anger and improve your happiness and relationships.
- 10 Things You Can Do To Fell Happier Straight Away - This last session sums everything up and shows you some simple things that you can build into your everyday life to help you feel happier, fitter and more positive.
Participants must be adults aged 18+ years old.
This programme has been organised by Colin Neighbourhood Partnership. To find out more, email email@example.com or phone CNP on 028 9062 3813.
Living Life to the Full£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out